Tuesday, November 23, 2010

dating diaries: the batman up incident [part two]

He came to the door wearing jeans.
I had never seen him not wearing basketball shorts. Ever. He also had a waver that my parents had to sign saying that if I died, they wouldn’t sue the rock climbing place. I should have known that this kind of adventure isn’t good for girls like myself who fall out of my bunk bed on a regular basis.
We climbed into the back of the Jeep and picked up Amy. I have known Amy since we were kids, we’ve shared a fence and young woman’s groups. She is the sporty spice of the spice rack. I would defiantly be making her look better on the rock wall.
We went to The Quarry and began basic training. My Converse suddenly seemed like a very bad choice in footwear as we learned about where to place your feet. They taught us knots to use and how to be the ground person.
I failed basic training three times. It’s a miracle that I passed on the fourth try. The teacher man hated me and told Amy to keep a close eye on me. Rude. So rude.
I went up first, with Amy by my side to encourage me. I was unbelievably hungry. Amy kept laughing at my bellies cry’s for food. I kept up with Amy surprisingly, and it wasn’t long before we were almost to the top of the wall, PINK proudly displayed on my butt with the oh-so flattering harness. It was then that I looked down.
Big mistake.
My upset stomach lurched from the sight of how high I really was. I began to panic.
“Amy, I’m going to vomit on this wall” I gasped.
“Meg, the basic training man will kill you if you do!” she laughed as she kept climbing.
“Let me down” I said to Clark
“No! You are almost there! Keep going!” he called back.
It was getting worse. I was going to vomit. I knew it.
“No! let me down now, please!” I begged.
“You are fine! Just follow Amy.”
“Let. Me. Down. NOW” I yelled.
He looked shocked that I had actually yelled, but began to release the rope that held me up and slowly I returned to the beloved ground.
The only problem with me being on the ground was that I was going to have to be the ground person for him.
I nervously tried to remember the things I had learned from the basic training man and Amy gave me helpful hints as my Clark began to scale the wall.
It was when he was almost to the top that he fell.
And I began to fly,
batmaning up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak and you shall be heard.