Tuesday, May 1, 2012

the nap hangover.


I’m not much of a nap person.

I wish I was one of those people who could take an hour to recharge and sleep, but I am not.

My eye was red this morning and felt like I was trying to suction cup it out with my contact lens. So I got to wear the glasses I got in junior high to class today.

Cute.

I decided to try to get some sun on my legs today, since I’m going to Mexico in two days. I wore a cute dress and sandals.

Bad choices.

I almost froze to death because of the arctic breeze that blew me over. Whoever decided to make the Smith building four floors has a sick sense of humor; I was shivering all of the way up to my lit class. I’ve learned the art of making it look like you had in in-depth conversation about the poem, when in reality you and your partner talked about how the guy that sits in the corner no longer has facial hair.

“There is perfection in the imperfection” I got the gold star of the day for that one.

I came home, put on my favorite oversized hoodie, and got under my heaven blanket. My new memory foam mattress cover was the best $50 I ever spent. I quickly drifted to sleep.

Six hours later I awoke to myself opening up a thing of cookie dough.

Sleep walking and eating. Not good.

I then proceeded to feel like a soggy noodle for the next hour or so. I kept hitting my head on walls and had a migraine. The joys of a nap hangover. I walked to the MC to buy more printer paper and had to take a seat because the whole ordeal was too much for me to handle.

I’m finally feeling better, getting more homework done. Emailing professors informing them of my upcoming absences.

I’d really like to be in Mexico with my family right now.

Tomorrow starts the trek, hopefully my eye will cooperate so I can see while I drive back to Utah. I get to see my German and Wendy bird tomorrow. That’s good news.

Very good news.

Almost makes my hangover feel better.


2 comments:

  1. nap hangovers really are the worse. especially if you fall asleep in your contacts. talk about moody when you wake up. have fun and be safe in mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for the rest of this story! You always have such wonderful stories. :)

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.