Sunday, April 15, 2012

back to the burg.


Maybe it’s the new apartment.

Maybe it’s the new fluffy blanket.

But this time, as I watched the little silver car drive away, I knew I was going to be okay.

I know that it isn’t going to be easy; I’m still my anti-social self. But I do know that this semester is going to be better than last semester.

I surprised everyone when I said hello to the other girl in the elevator.

I surprised myself with how calm I am right now.

Maybe it was the blessing I was nervous to ask for the night before I left.

This is a new start, and so far is exponentially better than last semester.

My room is amazing. I love how much light floods in the window. I love my view of the temple. I love how clean everything is.

Sorry Mountain pines, but I do not miss your moldy ways.

I love my building. I love having my own room.

I’m so glad Heavenly Father changed my plan to the best plan for me. He knew all along that I was supposed to end up here.

I’m going on a walk later to figure out just how far away from campus I really am, but I don’t mind. Walking isn’t a bad thing.

I’m so excited to work out in my super awesome gym tomorrow morning.

It’s amazing how much one semester can change a person. It’s night and day difference from the last time I was dropped off here.

I’m ready to see just what this semester holds. I’m ready to see this chapter unfold.




3 comments:

speak and you shall be heard.