Tuesday, January 25, 2011

a new respect for farah.

Let’s all enter a no judgment zone, shall we?
If you just said no, you can leave.
We all remember that time Farah on Teen Mom walked right into the car scam, right? All of us yelled from our living rooms not to do it. We all laughed at how naïve she was.
I have a new respect for Farah.   
Around the end of November, I found the perfect Christmas present for Robin. I found her the greatest button-up Ugg’s at a steal of a price. I Googled and found the website. It looked legit and everything. I, stupidly, typed in my credit card information and went along my way.
Two days later somewhere in China someone got $110.76 from me.
Hey, person in China that overcharged me, stole my money, and made Robin not get a Christmas present, I’m on to you. I just got off the phone with Jeremy from my credit card services. He and I just set up a dispute complaint against you.
Guess what? You lose.
Hope you are happy with stealing money from a college student.
Hope you’re ready to find $110.76 missing from your bank account soon.
Don’t fret.
I’m buying Robin something in cash. In a store.
Kids, let this be a lesson to you all. Just because you Google, doesn’t make it real. Just because it looks pretty and whatnot, doesn’t make it real.
Thank you, Jeremy. You sounded attractive.    

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh.... Information Literacy. I need to give you my "how to determine if a website is trustworthy" lecture. :) I think it might help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't include that your mother told you it looked like a sketchy website, before you sent your credit card info off to china

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.