Thursday, May 17, 2012

the happy life.



For music click HERE.

If you would have told me where my life would be in one semester, I wouldn’t have believed you.

Friends, I’m insanely happy.

Like, happy happy.

I’m laughing, having real life adventures, and I spend most of my time in a boy’s apartment. (No Abby, I don’t have a boyfriend!)

                Crazy right?

It’s amazing what can happen in just one semester. Everything changed. I thought I had what I wanted last semester, turns out I was wrong.

I’m so, so lucky to have A in my life. She is my buddy, my best friend, and I love our many adventures.

Tonight I went for a drive with Jeff. He’s a cowboy. He walked A, A, and I to his huge truck and we drove around listening to Spanish music.

The wind was blowing my hair in my face, and I couldn’t help but smiling.

I’ve never been this happy.

I have a job on campus, I already think I like it.

My toes are purple, no one knows why.

My apartment didn’t catch on fire today, unlike the people in building three.

I have friends everywhere these days.

I have plans.

What isn’t there to be happy about?

It’s often said that things fall apart so that better things can come together; I’m living proof that it’s true. My world crumbled several times in the past five years. Guess what? I wouldn’t trade those times for anything, yes they made me cry. But I wouldn’t be so happy right now. I wouldn’t know how happy I really am.

Happiness is a verb. Happiness is to live.

I promise many posts about Mexico, the time I broke the car wash, I’ll let you meet the boys of apartment number ten, A, the missionaries, and more.

But for now, it’s bed time.  

2 comments:

  1. aw, so happy you're happy! and i agree, happiness IS to live. finally learning how to LIVE has made the biggest difference for me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally laughed out loud (and startled Gina) at the aside as just after I read, "Like, happy happy." I thought, "Is there a boy in this picture?" haha! I love you Megs, so very, very much! I'm so happy that you're happy. Happy is the best. When I finally decided to be happy is when I met CJ. Boys like happy girls: beware. ;)

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.