Thursday, May 10, 2012

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.




The group of Canadian tourists gawking at me was not helping.

I was openly weeping in an airport, sitting on the floor next to a man who smelled like potatoes, with my legs sprawled like a child’s.

                All I had to remember was my passport, that’s it.

Guess what I forgot?

I missed my flight to Mexico because of it.

After my crying fit in front of the Canadians, I regrouped and got myself booked on another flight.

One to Dallas in two hours,

                Another to Miami three and a half after I landed,

                                Then on to Cancun in the morning.

Aka. I got to sleep in the Miami airport.  

My dear sweet neighbor brought me my passport, so I was able to get past the gate, and I finally boarded the plane.

I took my window seat and prepared myself for the major day I was about to have, when a gold chain wearing Canadian sat by me.

“So, you missed your flight?”

Oy. Joy.

A Canadian tourist was hitting on me the entire flight.

                It was just the start of a very long process to get myself to my cousins wedding in Mexico.

Stay tuned!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak and you shall be heard.