Monday, October 11, 2010

dating diaries: big watch guy (part one)

“What are you doing tonight?” a friend’s older sister called and asked, while I was babysitting.
“Maybe going to the homecoming game? I don’t know, why?”
“I have a blind date for you! You’re going to love him! I gave him your number and he’s going to call you soon!”
We finished talking, and the second I hung up with her he called. His name was Kyle, he went to a different school, and he wanted to take me hiking. First of all, I can’t really walk without tripping, secondly, I hate hiking, and thirdly I didn’t know how attractive to look.
He said he’d come pick me up in half an hour. I hurried and got ready. Shorts, sweater, converse, and LoveSpell smell. Perfect. I then waited. And waited. Then waited more. And more. An hour and a half later. A white truck pulled into my driveway. He stepped out. His brow shoes didn’t tell much about him, I waited for the rest of him to appear. He was good-looking. Very outgoing. I was lucky, I thought. He was tall and blonde, and had on a really, really big watch. It must make his arm heavy I thought. After the awkward handshake with my father, I climbed into his truck, and we went off into the mountains.
There were two other couples in the truck. They all happily chatted about homecoming. The winding road up to the wilderness was making me car sick.
“When is your homecoming?” I asked, trying to stay in the conversation while trying to watch the white lines disappear underneath the truck.
“The dance is tomorrow! My dress is yellow!” A small brown haired girl responded. Her name was Beth, her date’s name was Tyler, and he had dark hair and dimples.
“Wait. Is this your day date or something?” I jokingly asked Kyle.
“Um, yes. This is our homecoming day date” he responded.
Stay tuned for part two of this dating diary!

3 comments:

speak and you shall be heard.