Friday, November 19, 2010

dating diaries: the batman up incident.

“What are you doing tonight?” an unknown caller from an unknown phone number asked.
I thought for a moment, trying to figure out just who this familiar male voice was.
“This is Clark, I’m friends with Mitchell. He gave me your number” an image of the linebacker came flooding into my mind. I now put the voice with the face. And that face was about to ask me out.
“Oh! Hey Clark! I’m not doing much tonight, I haven’t really thought about actually.” I responded trying to weave around his asking me out.
“Do you want to go on a double date with Mitchell and Amy to The Quarry tonight?”
Rock climbing? What does one wear rock climbing?
“Sure, sounds like fun!” I responded, trying to figure out what I was going to wear. He told me not to eat, because we were going to go to dinner after climbing.
I ended up wearing some of my favorite Victoria’s Secret Pink Sweats, stomach growling as I waited for Clark to pick me up. I usually eat around five, so still waiting for him at eight o’clock was rough. But, I’m a good sport.
My stomach on the other hand… I should have listened to its complains, it foretold the travesty that was about to occur.

1 comment:

speak and you shall be heard.