Friday, August 24, 2012

20.




20 things I know for sure.
1.       Praying sometimes is the only way out.
2.       Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, medications aren’t evil.
3.       Less stress = more happiness.
4.       It’s okay to talk to boys. They can be funny, sweet, kind, and friendly.
5.       Studying is always a good idea.
6.       Your parents should be thanked every day for all the sacrifices they have made for you.
7.       You can cry about it, but then you have to let it go. Dwelling on past mistakes, past issues, or past quarrels does nothing. It’s like letting people live rent free in your head.
8.       Write real letters to real people. Nothing beats getting a handwritten letter in the mailbox.
9.       Stop being a follower, you have your own life to live.
10.   Friends are family.
11.   Be able to take a breath, let it go, and put on your big girl panties and be a man.
12.   Sometimes you have to compromise.
13.   Never expect other people to have the same standards as yourself, give people a chance, and don’t freak out when they don’t have the same standards of cleanliness.
14.   Sometimes all you need is to watch a prison show and a fuzzy blanket.
15.   Make time for people who make time for you.
16.   Go ahead and judge someone, but be sure to live a perfect life from then on.
17.   Never, ever eat two FiberOne bars in one day.
18.   Celebrate the little things.
19.   Try not to study on Sunday’s. It honestly helps.
20.   Life isn’t perfect, people are perfect.
But, it can get pretty close.

I’m so, so blessed. I’m so happy. I’m excited to go back to school in a few weeks. I’m excited to see my friends and get back to learning. I’m trying to be brave every day.
One day I’ll catch you up on my life. It’s been a crazy summer working in the office.
Side note, thank you Tay for the sweet post about me. You are a gem, and I could say the same things about you.
But for now, I’ve got a birthday to celebrate.


2 comments:

speak and you shall be heard.