Wednesday, February 23, 2011

oops!

I had to hurry. Survivor was starting in half an hour. Yes, I’m one of the only people in America who still watches Survivor. And I had no food.
 I got in my little red car and decided to take the short cut to the wally world. I don’t remember checking how fast I was going, I knew I wasn’t going the speed limit.
I have a deathly fear of cops. I don’t know why, but my family calls me a grandma driver.
Rude. So rude.
Anywho. I was driving along, and I see lights flashing behind me. I realized that I was in the process of being pulled over.
Calm down Meg. You were speeding. He had every right to pull you over. It’s just like the drivers handbook says, ‘you can’t legally go over the speed limit’. How do you remember that? Should I grab my license and registration? (reaching over to glove box) wait. What if he thinks I’m hiding drugs? What if he thinks I’m grabbing a gun? Will he shoot me for leaning? Derek can’t save me now. If I get arrested I’ll miss Criminal Minds. Why did I even need to go to the store? Muffins. Chocolate chip muff-
“Hello Mis-“
“I was so, so speeding! I’m so sorry!” I belted out. Violently shaking.
“Well. You just came out and said it. And you are wearing your seat belt. I respect honesty.” He proceeded to take my ugly drivers license and my registration.
He ran my information into the system, only to find that I’ve never been pulled over before. He returned to my little red car and said,
“It’s your lucky night. Be more careful. Watch your speed!” he laughed.
I’m going to pray for you and your family for a good and long time mister.
“Thank you so much. I’m going to be the safest driver ever.”
Mr. Police Man, thank you for not giving me a ticket for going 43 in a 25, thank you, thank you!
 Anyone got any good police stories?

2 comments:

  1. who could forget the foggy window incident in chloes baby car....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeaaah girl.

    i also was caught going 40 in a 25, braless & a complete wreck.

    what did i do?
    cried my way out of ticket.

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.