Sunday, February 6, 2011

situations.

I’d like to talk to myself for a moment.
Meg, did you know…
It’s okay, the Steelers will get them next year. Sitting alone on the Steelers couch was alright actually. Especially when they were gaining.
The new definition of dehydration? Never laughed so hard in my kitchen in my life. I love my roommates silly friends who help me with situations I find myself in.
You should be doing homework?
The commercials were right, they will see me at Gold’s tomorrow.
That this weekend went by SO quickly. Where did it go? Valid question.
Calling?                                                                                                                                      
Jami is going to be so proud of you. Country music has begun to seep into your iPod.  American Honey reminds you of her and summertime.
You entertained three men for the super bowl. Be proud, oh-so proud.
                Okay, I can talk to you now.
Today at church, while sitting on the stand with Woman (who is the ward piano player) I had my scriptures sitting on the arm rest while I slouched, avoiding the funny faces of friends. In the middle of this very emotional testimony, my scriptures somehow fell right off and landed with a HUGE thud onto the stand. Same thing happened in Sunday school. And Mr. Backscratcher laughed. (He asked last week if I’d like to tickle his back. I politely declined.)
I just thought of something else to say, but I forgot…
Hmmm.
Oh. Yes. Remember this? I got a call from her again. Big watch guy has a brother she’d like me to date.
I’ve decided to make this the best semester ever. I’m laughing more. Making friends. Trying new things. Because, being sad is a choice. Just like being happy. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
I’m pursuing happiness darn it!
As Mark Twain said,
                “Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today.”
Dream big friends. I will eventually tell you about this situation I’ve found myself in. But for now, cross your fingers, hold your breath, and spit in the river.
                        It’s a male situation if you catch my drift.

1 comment:

  1. american honey. mmmm, that song is a delight to my ears.
    and i just loved this post.
    oh i did indeed!

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.