Sunday, September 19, 2010

the glow from my laptop is making my eyes burn..

Once upon a time, there were four college coeds. They moved into their very cute condo and discovered that their neighbor didn’t have a security setting on their wireless internet. The girls decided that if they didn’t put a password on the internet that it’d be okay to use it. It was like sharing, and sharing is caring. It was a blissful, almost, month of sharing. The girls would quietly thank the unknown internet hub they were leaching off of each time they logged on. Until one day it was gone. Disappeared. Away. Moral of the story? Don’t be cheap and not buy internet. It makes it hard to do American Lit papers at horrific hours of the night when you remember that you forgot. It also makes it that you have to drive to parking lots and look like creepers while you do your internecessity’s.
Now, we are sitting in a parking lot with our faces lit up by the screens of our laptops. She’s facebook creeping whilst I blogstalk. We’re a good team Lyns and I. I have lots of thoughts bouncing around in my head, so this post is going to be a little scatterbrained. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
My fearless things for the week:
·         I went the school’s birthday pool party,
·         I went to a real live party-party
·         The latest attractive man (the ice cream melting one) saw me at said pool party looking oh-so-nice, the wet dog natural look is attractive right?
You all may notice that you can comment on my words, which is something I find pure joy in, I highly recommend you do it. The other day I logged on to find that and my favorite blogger Megan Abel commented on TWO of my posts. I squealed and fell out of my chair. (Next time I go home I may go ask for her autograph) Moral of this story, comment on my posts and I’m not a creeper.
BYU boys make me laugh. Especially British ones who ask me if I’m attractive and what ‘Punk’ means, and the roommate he stole my number from who helps me with my math.
It was a rough day a few days ago, I cried on the phone with my mother while she sat in the parking lot of Mi Ranchito. I was feeling a bit down and had a craving for watermelon. I went to good old wally world to find that they didn’t have any watermelon. I just about died. I went home, sad and depressed, and put on Criminal Minds (Derek Morgan always makes me feel better). My roommate and her boyfriend Alex walked into my little condo with a watermelon for me. Tender mercies of the Lord never cease to amaze me.
Well folks, it’s time to end this little moment in my head. I hope you all had a good time.
Do good things.

2 comments:

  1. i have a few items of business:

    1) oh, thank you for bringing a nice giggle to my temporary bedridden life. I was all snuggled up in bed when my google reader said you had posted. I feel great about you latching on to someone else's internet. the college life is bliss.

    2)it makes me squeal & in this case, fall out of my bed, when you mention me in your posts. I thank you for that.

    most importantly,

    3) This british boy you speak of, is his name Luke? If so, we are destined to be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he had to ask what "Punk" means. That made my day right there. :) Yesterday the newbies were in my office and I missed you guys. Just thought I'd share. And the next time you're up our direction you better come say hi OR ELSE. Kay, thanks. Bye.

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.