Friday, October 15, 2010

monkey see, monkey cooks.

Robin makes these amazing muffins. When I was home last weekend she made not one, but two batches of these babies because we (woman and I) ate them like they were going out of style. Tonight, while I was talking to her, I told her I felt like baking and she gave me the recipe. I went to the store, got the ingredients, and began to bake. How bad could it be right?

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 cup of butter (softened)
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
1 can (14 ½ oz) of pumpkin puree
4 eggs
Cream all the above until smooth, then add:
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
½ tsp of salt
1 tsp of ginger
¼ tsp of cloves
¼ tsp of nutmeg
2 cups of flour
After mixing well add 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips
350 degree oven, 20-25 minutes, until top of muffin springs back after being touched.
 Notes from the monkey:
I missed the 1 tsp of cinamon in the post, and i've been trying to put in into the post and it will not put it into the right place for the life of me! So, don't forget to add cinamon kids!
Before I added the baking soda and such, during the cream stage, I just used a whisk to mix it together. Bad move. The smell of the pumpkin puree was making me feel ill (it reeks), and it looked like vomit.
(vomit! yucky! before the electric mixer)
I called Robin and she told me to use an electric mixer. That made a world of difference. I highly recommend using a power mixer for all of the mixing in this.
(after I added the flour and such)
Also, I’m a college student aka I’m poor; I didn’t want to buy cloves, nutmeg, and ginger. Robin suggested that I buy pumpkin pie spice to substitute those. I put in 1 1/8 tsp of pumpkin pie spice instead of the three.
They turned out amazing! I am so proud of myself! This wasn’t even from a box. No cheating at all!

Word to my mother, Robin, for putting the recipe on her blog, letting me interrupt her watching The Karate Kid with my vomit questions, and believing in my cooking abilities.
For real kids, try this out. If I can do it, you can too.
Happy fall!

2 comments:

  1. Such a proud moment for a mother! Good job. The uncooked pumpkin grosses me out too. I can't even lick the beaters. But, I love the muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You also skipped 1 tsp of Cinnamon in your recipe above.

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.