Sunday, October 17, 2010

note to self.

Dear Meg,
Remember in the summer time when you were so very frightened of college? You’d write countless times in your journal about the depth of your fear, the hopelessness you felt about leaving Robin, and how you didn’t know how to stand on your own two feet.
I’d like to point out the fact that you’ve changed. You’ve grown. You have taken your first steps alone. You are beginning to see just who you are. The glimpse you’ve seen is just a portion of it. The person you are is still unknown and, just like your major, it changes every day.
You’ve cried, you’ve laughed, and you realized that you are able to pick yourself up off the floor and change. The broken girl you thought you were is actually the bravest girls I know. You do have a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. You cried when you sang I know my Redeemer lives today because you know it’s true. God does hear you, Meg, don’t ever forget that. He keeps telling you to calm down and let him take the wheel; He knows what He’s doing. (Mosiah 24: 14) “And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that you may stand as a witness for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions”.
Keep being you Meg, don’t let yourself get lost in the hum of life. You are already taking steps to choosing your own path, instead of the one already taken that you chose.  Keep saying your prayers and reading your scriptures, that’s how God answers your prayers silly goose. You’re growing into yourself.
Remember to breathe Meg. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems at the time. I believe in you. I know you can do this. I know that with God, nothing is impossible.
Be brave Meg, be brave.  
Love,
Yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration :) when i grow up i want to be just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meg.i love you. beyond words, i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crying during hymns at church..... now that's something your mother does. Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.