Thursday, November 4, 2010

college thinking.

As I wait for my next class by the very fountain that creates true rebels, I find a lot of things on my mind. Such as hand holding.
In the twenty(ish) minutes that I’ve sat here in the sunshine, on ‘unattractive Thursday’, I’ve counted five couples holding hands as they pass, witnessed two spit swaps, and it’s only morning time! Why is hand holding a sign of affection I ask? What if the person you’re holding hands with pick their nose? Or worse, does a flush and run? Maybe your hands are abnormally sweaty? (whoa. Highly attractive young man just walked by. He smelled grand. Don’t worry; he wasn’t holding anyone’s hand)
Now I pose the question of flirting, as to the fact that I’ve relocated to psychology and the girl in the corner is heavily flirting with the red-headed man that sits beside her.  The obvious signs are all there: the giggling, head tilting, hair playing truth is blinding me with its blaze. Why do people flirt? How does one become a ‘good flirt’?
I’m going to be honest kids, I’m afraid of young men. I’m awkward and say the wrong thing. Why are boys so frightening? Why do the cute ones make me shake like a leaf and suddenly fall over? I get the same fear as I walk to class there are benches that men sit on, smoke, and judge. One blustery day I wore a skirt and had to hang on to the hem for dear life as to not flash them my spandex shorts.  They look every girl who walks by up and down, smile, frown, or whistle.  Why do guys have the right to judge me when I would never dream of whistling at some random guy?
These, my friends, are grand questions of life.
Know any of the answers?
 *this was written on campus, just finalized and posted at a later time when I wasn’t in class and the prying eyes of psychology 1010  couldn’t read over my shoulder.

4 comments:

  1. my favorite is:

    "why do guys have the right to judge me when i would never dream of whistling at some random guy?"

    so very true. except, sometimes i do like whistling at random guys. ;)
    (but oh so rarely.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we would be great friends.
    I'm fearful of men.
    also, i shake uncontrollably, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just don't whistle out loud. You whistle in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is splendid & made me laugh.

    sometimes i go to BYU by myself with a book & watch the PDA. I'm creep but the campus is the best for amusement.

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.