Monday, January 30, 2012

clothes, coffee, and babies.

One thing most people don’t know about me is that I change my clothes at least six times a day.
My record is somewhere around fifteen times.
I get tired of wearing the same thing all day. It’s worse when I don’t have an outfit planned.
Outfit One: PJ’s
Outfit Two: Exercise clothes.
Outfit Three: Pre-shower sweats.
Outfit Four: Post-shower sweats.
Outfit Five: Outfit of choice.
Outfit Six: Nightly sweats (pre PJ’s)
Outfit Seven: Pajamas.
But last night I had several nightmares, all about my upcoming coffee test at my new job. Don’t fret, I’m no longer a coffee novice. I make boss foam. Anywho, I had this nightmare about my test I was outside and I didn’t have a grounds grinder, and I was using the manual wand instead of a regular wand to make the foam. I went running around the restaurant to try to find the grinder to no avail.
I’m boring you.
But this morning I awoke to find four pairs of pajama bottoms littering my floor. I was so stressed out I changed my pajamas four times in my sleep. One of the bottoms is my sisters, meaning I went into her room and stole them, all while sleeping. While I was walking around in my dream I was really walking around my house.
Coffee stresses me out. And I don’t even drink it.
But the new job is a blessing, it’s so random that I even found out that they were hiring. Even though the smell of coffee gives me headaches, I’m finally getting the hang of it all. New jobs are stressful, you don’t know any of the tricks and you have to tuck in your shirt because you are still too new to break any rules. I’ve been a bit of a stress case lately, but everything is going to be okay. This week is going to be a good week, all because I say it is going to be.
I got to hold a brand new baby a few weeks ago. He wasn’t even 24 hours old, little Ender. He made me think about life as I wandered around Target and purchased monkey clothes for him. Life isn’t supposed to be this prim and proper thing. We are meant to change our cloths as many times a day as we want. We are supposed to not put the nozzle on all the way and get grounds in the latte. We stumble to learn how to get back up. Welcome to the world little Ender, thank you for teaching me this lesson. Everything is going to be okay.
There is more to life than mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. Awww... I'm all... Crying. What a wonderful post. Thank you! Also... Where is this new job? Do they offer non-coffee beverages as i may need to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't is funny how many outfits girls can go through in just a day.

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.