Thursday, March 31, 2011

book club: the book review with a moo.

This is extremely overdue, but alas, here it is
Welcome to the He’s Just Not That into You book review!
I don’t care if you read along or are just reading this post. I welcome all.
I literally read this book in one day. It’s short, and since I skipped the chapters about s-e-x, it went very quickly.
It’s fun. And ultra mind blowing.
I loved it from the start.
“He’s just not that into you… if he’s not asking you out” (From chapter one!)
Um. Hello. Yes, it’s that simple. But, to me, it was a slap in the face. Wake up Meg. He told you he didn’t like you in his actions. He just wasn’t that into me.
The book is full of truths that you are afraid to hear. But, they tell you in a nice and funny way.
I thought that the letters seemed fake, not going to lie. And that one girl who wrote for every chapter? Pretty sure she’s not real.
But, I still loved the book.
I know I loved the part about being classy, not crazy.
But, ladies, “Don't confuse being classy with being a doormat.  Classy is walking away with your head held high, graciously, and with all dignity.  Being a doormat is offering to drive him to the dentist for his root canal.”
Other favorite quotes:
“Cut him off.  Let him miss you.”
“He doesn't need to be reminded that you're great.”
The reason it's so painful when someone disappears is you have to face the fact that the person you loved had probably left you a long time before he grabbed his coat and scrammed.  The hard part is realizing that he was lying to you, in some way, before the moment of vanishing.”
“Don't give him the chance to reject you again.”
“Life is hard enough as it is without choosing someone difficult to share it with.”

“You deserve to be with someone who is nice to you all the time.”

“There's a guy out there who's going to be really happy that you didn't get back together with your crappy ex-boyfriend.”

Amen.
If you didn’t read the book, I highly recommend it. Four out of five stars (For language, and chapters that I skipped)!
If you did read with me, please comment with your input!

If a guy likes you, he’ll ask you out. That’s his job. Don’t let him trick you into asking him out.
If you can find him, he can find you. It’s not complicated. We just make relationships complicated. Calm down ladies.
It’s your job to look cute and have fun. That’s it.
This book made me not believe in signs and signals. Those are just me over-analyzing everything a guy does and twisting it to go in my favor. If he likes me, he’ll make it happen.
Men like the hunt. It’s primal.
Let’s be cattle together.

1 comment:

speak and you shall be heard.