Tuesday, April 26, 2011

goodbye george: levi's

Seeing as yesterday was my last day of work, I feel safe telling you all where I have been working for the past seven months. I’m dearly going to miss working at Levi’s.

(Don't Fret, sometimes I sneeze right as someone takes the picture!)
Working there has been an adventure since I started.
For my interview, we had a group interview. I went in a dress, everyone else wore Levi’s. I didn’t even own a pair. That’s where I met Patrick. We became buddies over free water. It’s safe to say that all of us female workers have secret crushes on him. Tangi and I may or may not enjoy watching him drive away on his motorcycle and his hugs. He’s one of the best huggers I’ve ever met.
Oh. Tangi. She’s amazing. She and I always are laughing at some sort of inappropriate joke. She let me steal the hidden tampon and always kept me fed. Thank you Tang, you’ll never know how many times I wasn’t sure what I was going to eat after my shift and you would give me food.
I turned down my job at Levi’s, remember? I called them and told them I had gotten another job at a pizza place. Ten minutes later Lucy called me, and told me that I wasn’t allowed to quit on her already. That was the first time I got in trouble from Lucy, and it was not the last! I quit the pizza place and was hired at Levi’s on the spot. Lucy is a sweetheart who also feeds me. She’s the greatest boss anyone could ask for. No joke. She puts her heart and soul into that place. She’s the Jeans Whisperer!
Working there has opened up so many new doors for me. I’m forever grateful for that place. It kept me sane and laughing. Felipe, even if he quit on us, helped me through the entire year of drama. He would tell me to shut up, calm down, and be water. He taught me how to hit, and how to be a better person. He almost changed my tire once.
We often joked about having a reality show about all the workers. It would have been a hit. Promise.
If you ever go to Levi’s, talk to the employees because they are the greatest.
Duran and Harbor, oh boy. The twins. Knowing them connects you to everyone in St. George.  I got lost trying to find their house for two hours once. Shayla inspires me with her humor. She’s amazing. We discussed all sorts of things, including dating skinnier men (‘Shay-ra hungy!’) Erica and I rarely worked together, but we still loved each other. I will never forget her, her wit, and sense of style. She always, always, looks good. That’s a promise. Alyssa and I never work together, but we switched shifts with each other. She’s so strong and can make any situation fun. She has a story to tell and will do anything to help you out in a situation. Alex, oh Alex. He’s so, so funny. He always makes you feel attractive, if that makes sense. He’s a royal flirt. Even if he ‘broke up’ with me, we’re still friends. That’s the joke, we never dated. But he likes to pretend. Debbie and I are in love, it’s fine. She’s the Levi’s Grandma, always looking out for us all. Preston is an inventor who I rarely worked with. He’s so creative and makes you laugh with his girl pants. He has much better legs than I do!
I’m going to miss the Levi’s family that I was so privileged to be a part of. Going to work was always fun and never, ever dull. The pants fights, the denim dust, the tourists, the stories.
I love you, Levi’s. I’ll be back, don’t you fret, to visit. Thank you for the home, memories, and the potatoes! It’s the last burrito!
Oh and I'll be back to win the bet in December!
Have my money ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

speak and you shall be heard.