Friday, April 6, 2012

bluebird fly away.


There was a time when you were everything I wanted.

I stayed up until three in the morning for you to have the time for me and braved my fear of the DI.

But, something has changed.

I don’t need your approval anymore.

I don’t need you to think about me.

I’m going to be okay without you.

I realized how different things are now. This time last year I believed everything would work out, that we would end up together and ride off into the sunset. Guess what? I don’t want that anymore. On Monday, I got your letter and decided that I wish you nothing but the best. Every happiness. But, we aren’t meant to be.

I think I might have almost loved you. I still might. But not in that way. I think ‘love’ shifts for what it needs to be. Friendship and courtship have a gray area.

I’m finally ready to move on, you aren’t in the corner of my mind anymore. It’s okay that you didn’t think of me in that way, you taught me so much just by being my friend.

Land. Enchanted just came on shuffle. I used to sing that song about you.

Thank you for the memories.

Thank you for the lessons.

Thank you for all the adventures.

I don’t need you to think about me anymore.

                I’m going to be just fine without you.


3 comments:

  1. This makes me sad, but at the same time happy. It's hard saying goodbye and letting go but in the end its the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember having these exact same feelings once. stick with your gut on this and you will be much better off :) i wish i had stuck with mine! you're awesome meg. love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is perfect.
    sometimes you find your heart in someone else's words and it's a beautiful feeling.
    thank you.

    ReplyDelete

speak and you shall be heard.