Saturday, June 2, 2012

magically, perfectly, patiently.


Firewood by Regina Spektor on Grooveshark


Life is a gift.
Life isn’t something that any one expects to end, and when it does it’s over.
                There is no restart, do over, or final goodbyes.
Poof.
                You are gone. You won’t be there to say hi or dance by the fountain again.


I will miss you Alex. I will miss you deeply and truly. You were an amazing friend, and I’m sorry I didn’t tell you how much you meant to me. But, I know you know it. Because Holl and I were like your sisters, you said it several times. I loved you like my big brother; you made me laugh way too much and let me use your textbook more than you ever used it.

We shouldn’t dwell on the past, because it’s done.
Poof.
It’s over.
I failed a math test this morning. I am the only person in my apartment that doesn’t have a boyfriend. I wanted to up my dosage again.
Do you hear that?
I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
memememememememememe
Calm down Meg. You honestly couldn’t handle a boyfriend right now anyways.
C’s get degrees, you’re an English major. You could get a C- for crying out loud.
Robin, here are the five good things about today.
1.       I went to the carwash, they had colored bubbles and they smelled like cotton candy.
2.       I got a twisty cone.
3.       Annelise and I went to the store and got York Peppermint Patties.
4.       I have red fingernails.
5.       I have you as a mother, and Drew as a father, and Holly is my sister, and my brother tells me Helen Keller jokes.

I am finally past my midterms, sweet glory they are over. I cannot believe this semester is half way over. It has flown by with laughter and good times. Time spent with my new friends, in my new life, and I’m excited about coming back here next semester. I’m getting so close to my degree. I’m excited for the change in the wind. I can still feel it; Heavenly Father keeps telling me that I need to be patient. Something magical is about to happen.  
Can you feel it?
                Magic.
Magically.
                                Perfectly.
                Patiently.



No comments:

Post a Comment

speak and you shall be heard.